|Name & Designation||In Position since|
|Name & Designation||In Position since|
Profile of former Chairpersons and Members
Name Dr.T.PRABHAKARA RAO, I.A.S.,(Retd.,) Date of birth 25-12-1955 Educational Qualification M.B.B.S, M.A.(Reading University, UK),Certificate Course in Good Governance (Harvard University, USA), Rasthra Bhasha Praveen by Dakshin Bharath Hindi Prachar Sabha Previous Employment Addl. Chief Secretary to Government Transport Dept., Secretariat, Chennai Year of allotment to IAS 1982 Departments served Sub Collector, Nagercoil
Additional Collector, Dindigul
District Collector, South Arcot
Additional Commissioner (Excise)
Registrar of Co-op.Societies
Commissioner of Commercial Taxes
Commission of Land Reforms
Commissioner of Urban Land Ceiling
Commissioner of Town & Country Planning
Commissioner of Transport
Chairman & Managing Director, Co-optex
Chairman & Managing Director, Tamil Nadu Cements
Chairman & Managing Director, Tamil Nadu Power Finance Corporation
Chairman & Managing Director, Tamil Nadu Industrial Investment Corporation
Chairman & Managing Director, TAHDCO
Principal Secretary, Labour & Employment Department
Addl. Chief Secretary to Government,Transport Department
Awards Received Hon’ble Chief Minister’s Award for Small Savings
Governor’s Award for Flag Day collection
India Today Award 2014 for Best Transport (Chennai & Coimbatore)
Profile of Thiru S.Chinnarajalu
Date of birth
B.Sc., B.L, M.L (Administrative Law and Labour Law)
Worked in Power Wing in PWD Secretariat from July 1986 to July 1993.
Worked in Energy Department from the inception of separate Energy Department in August 1993.
Deputed by the Government as Secretary, TANGEDCO with effect from 27.05.2013 to 31.05.2015.
Under Secretary to Government, Energy Department.
Deputy Secretary to Government , Energy Department.
Joint Secretary to Government, Energy Department.
Additional Secretary to Government / Secretary, TANGEDCO.
Profile of Thiru R.V Sundararaman, Director(Engineering)
Date of Birth
B.E. (EEE Branch), M.A. (Political Science)
Graduated in the year 1979 from Annamalai University and joined Tamil Nadu Electricity Board in Dec 1979 as Assistant Engineer in Tuticorin Thermal Power Station (TTPS).
1.Assistant Engineer – TTPS - (1979-1991)
(Operation and Meter Relay Testing)
I. Turbine Operator
ii. Checking of Turbine & Generator Protection and control circuits of unit
iii. Commissioning of Unit II/TTPS
1. Assistant Executive Engineer – TTPS - (1991-2005)
(Technical Services, AEE/Shift & Meter Relay Test)
i. Unit IV commissioning
ii. Checking of Turbine & Generator Protection and control circuits of unit I, II & III.
iii. Start-up / shut down activities for Unit I, II, III.
2. Ennore Thermal Power Station (ETPS) at Chennai - (2005-2008):
Executive Engineer (Technical Services)
Instrumental in running of all the five units after R&M, overhaul and fault rectification works of units I to V. Achieved good PLF after a long time.
Received Chairman/TNEB appreciation letter for commissioning of unit after R&M works ahead of the programmed schedule.
4. Chennai Metro Rail Limited (CMRL) (2008-2012):
Superintending Engineer / Electrical
Incharge of TNEB utility shifting works for CMRL civil works. Played a vital role for initiating the process of commissioning Three 230 kv GIS substations for CMRL power supply. Involved in power supply Tender for CMRL.
Received Managing Director CMRL appreciation letter for 230 kV UG cable shifting works.
5. Chief Engineer / Transmission at TNEB Headquaters (Nov. 2012 – July 2014):
Initiated the process of establishing more number of substations and Transmission lines in Tamil Nadu. TANTRANSCO capital investment was increased by three times for a financial year compared to the previous one by executing more schemes to reduce transmission constraints.
6. Managing Director / TANTRANSCO at TNEB Headquaters(July 2014– Dec 2014):
Instrumental in commissioning of Tiruvalam 400 kV SS in ten months time, ahead of schedule to transfer Interstate power. New 400 kV lines for windmill power evacuation were charged and more no. of substations were commissioned in Chennai and other areas of Tamil Nadu. JICA and kfw (German) funds were arranged to strengthen the transmission infrastructure in Tamil Nadu.
Joined TNERC as Director (Engineering) on 21.12.2015.
Profile of Thiru K.Veeramani, Director (Legal)
B.Sc., M.L. (Contracts including Mercantile Law)
Enrolled as an Advocate in the Bar Council of Tamil Nadu on 23-03-1982.
Practiced as Advocate and was also placed as Junior to Thiru G.Ramasamy, Senior Advocate, High Court of Madras (formerly Attorney General of India) by the Bar Council of India Trust, New Delhi with monthly stipend till March 1985.
Appointed by TNPSC for the Tamil Nadu Secretariat Service and worked in various capacities in Law Department with effect from 10-04-1985.
(i) Under Secretary to Government, Law Department
(ii) Deputy Secretary to Government, Law Department
(iii) Joint Secretary to Government, Law Department and
(iv) Additional Secretary to Government, Law Department
-Deputed by the Government to work as Legal Advisor to the erstwhile Tamil Nadu Electricity Board from 07-09-2006 to 30-09-2009.
-Deputed by the Government to work as Director (Legal) in Tamil Nadu Electricity Regulatory Commission from 24-11-2011 to 06-08-2014.
-Worked as Legal Officer in the Office of the Principal Chief Conservator of Forest, in the Tamil Nadu Forest Department on contract basis from September 2015 to 11-08-2016.
-Joined as Director (Legal), Tamil Nadu Electricity Regulatory Commission from 12-08-2016.
Profile of Thiru M.Manoharan, Director (Tariff)
Date of Birth
M.Com (Cost Accounts & Taxation)
Fellow Cost and Management Accountant (FCMA)
1. Joined in Neyveli Lignite Corporation , Neyveli in the year 1985 and worked up to 15/10/1997. Worked in various capacities in Thermal Station -II (Expansion Project) Technical and accounts branch, Mines- I (Expansion project-Technical) office, Education office and Sports control Board.
2. Joined In TNEB in the year 1997 as Deputy Financial Controller. Worked in Mettur Electricity Distribution Circle, Trichy (Metro) EDC, Chief Engineer/Coal office at Head quarters, Chennai.
3. Worked as Financial Controller/Revenue in Accounts Branch at Head quarters, Chennai from 2004 to 2012
4. Worked as Chief Financial Controller/Revenue from 2012 to 2015 at Head quarters, Chennai
5. Worked as Chief Financial Controller/Regulatory cell from 2015 to 2017 at Head quarters, Chennai
6. Worked as Director/Finance/TANGEDCO from 2017 to 2018 at Head quarters . Nominated as Part-time Board of Director in Maha Tamil collieries Ltd, Nagpur.
7. National player in Ball Badminton . Represented for Tamil Nadu Men team in the National Championship held at Ahmedabad & Pre Non- Olympic Games competition held at Lucknow during the year 1986.
Profile of Thiru S.Devarajan, Ombudsman
B.E.,(EEE), M.E.,(Power Systems)
F.I.E., - Fellow of Institution of Engineers(India)
B.O.E., - Certificate of Proficiency of Authorised Boiler
1. Joined TNEB in December 1979 and worked in Generation, Distribution and State Load Despatch Centre
2. Worked as Assistant Engineer/Elect. in Kanchepuram Electricity Distribution Circle.
3. In Generation Area worked as Assistant Engineer, Assistant Executive Engineer & Executive Engineer in Electrical maintenance, MRT, I&C, Operation and in office as Executive Engineer/Training & Executive Engineer/CMP in Ennore Thermal Power Station.
4. Undergone training programme in U.S.A., during the tenure of Chief Engineer/NCES on Digital Control System.
5. Worked as Executive Engineer/Load Despatch in State Load Despatch Centre, Chennai
6. At TNEB Head Quarters worked as Superintending Engineer/Betterment Thermal, Chief Engineer/NCES & Director/Generation.
7. Undertaken a study tour in Germany on Distribution Grid Management and Grid Integration of Renewable Energy.
8. Retired from the service of TANGEDCO as Director/Generation in May 2015.